Friday, February 05, 2016

Celebration!

I have two things to celebrate this week. They may not be huge milestones in the big picture, but my picture is pretty small, so I'm grinning from ear-to-ear.




#1

My blog has had over 5,000 pageviews! That doesn't mean I have 5,000 different fans out there reading. A popular blogger probably gets that many pageviews before 10 a.m. every day. But it's good enough to confirm that I'm not talking to myself. Yipeeeeeee! 10,000 here we come!

#2

I won first prize in an Algonquin Park backcountry canoe camping triplog contest! There's even a real prize from Algonquin Outfitters! I submitted an entry in 3 of the 4 contest categories, the park divided into geographical zones. Each entry had to be a triplog from an overnight trip in that area of the park for 2015 and we made it to 3 of the 4 last year, not too bad.

Here's the link to the contest results: http://www.algonquinadventures.com/TripLogContest2015/announcement.htm

The triplog that won for me was the Carl Wilson one, in the North zone: Winner

I had to reformat and reduce the overall content to meet the contest requirements (2000 words and 20 pictures maximum).

Here's my original triplog from the blog: Carl Wilson

The honourable mentions:  

Eastern Zone triplog: Specatcles-Little Carcajou

Western Zone triplog: Kiosk 7 day loop

If you enjoy reading triplops, be sure to check out some of the other winners in the first link above!


No comments:

Post a Comment